This position is second in command over the culinary and stewarding departments and is responsible for purchasing, receiving and producing food items in the facility in the absence of the Executive Chef. The Sous Chef oversees the stewarding department and training of kitchen and steward personnel.
- Ordering, receiving and preparing food items
- Maintaining food costs and budget goals
- Produce required product according to Banquet Event Orders for each event
- Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations
- Attends in-house event related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments
- Maintains all kitchen equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance
- Trains all kitchen and stewarding staff to include Serve Safe and any health department regulations
- Maintains a Health Department score of 90 or higher
- Assist with monthly inventory
- Assists in training of all cooks
Assists in supervising all kitchen and stewarding staff. Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring and training employees as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility, stand for long hours during events and to talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 4 years’ culinary experience in a banquet facility producing meals for large events
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Serve Safe certified
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong orientation to customer service
- Ability to work with all levels of staff, including management
- Ability to meet required budgetary goals
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to adhere to local Health Department codes
- Ability to be creative with food presentations and maintain a quality product
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. This position is flex scheduled for 28-32 hours per week (based on season). While generally scheduled during regular office hours, the schedule may also include nights, weekends and holidays as required.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements using the link below:
To be considered for any open position, you must complete the application process completely through the link provided. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114.
50 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
based on experience, will discuss in person
flexible based on events bookedApply