DRIVER FOR OST (AFTERSCHOOL) PROGRAM (Part-Time)
Do you like children? Are you a good driver? Do you want to be part of a dedicated team working towards keeping children safe and helping them to be able to enjoy their afternoons at the YMCA? If so, the Central Community Branch would like you to continue reading this employment opportunity.
This position is responsible for the safe operation of YMCA vehicles and the transportation of program participants to the afterschool program in the 8-passenger van.
The Van Driver shall be at least 21 years old and must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license, as well as a current valid 7D license, and an excellent driving record and at 2 years driving experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
NOTE: 7D License will be required. Don’t have your license? We’ll pay to get you certified!! We’ll walk them through the process.
- Responsible for the safe transport of YMCA program participants and other passengers.
- Treat all children, YMCA staff, and WPS personnel with respect at all times.
- Adhere to and enforce all YMCA safety and usage regulations for all passengers.
- Adhere to guidelines for drivers of YMCA vehicles.
- Responsible for daily check-in with School’s Out staff regarding changes to the schedule.
- Responsible for daily inspection of interior and exterior of YMCA van.
- Responsible for making sure the vehicle has proper gas prior to transporting passengers.
- Responsible for day-to-day cleanliness of the van.
- Responsible for making sure the vehicle is secured, windows are closed and doors locked, at the end of your shift.
- Responsible for daily sign off on activities at completion of shift and documenting hours worked on your timecard.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10-15 hours a week in afternoon
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Free Individual Membership to all YMCA employees, Employee Assistance Program, and Sick Leave
If this sounds like something you are qualified to do and want to apply, please submit your resume/cover letter to our HR Department at HR@ymcaofcm.org
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The YMCA of Central Massachusetts provides an environment that reflects, respects, and celebrates our differences and the richness of diversity, resulting in strengthening the foundation of community through our pillars of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.Learn More