FACILITIES STAFF ASSOCIATE (Full-Time with Benefits)
Do you have a skill set in areas of custodial and maintenance work? Are you reliable, responsible, hardworking, and have the willingness to learn new things? If so, the YMCA of Central Massachusetts would like you to consider the following position.
Under the direction of the Facilities Director, the Facilities Staff Associate will perform daily custodial duties, as well as, general building maintenance including, but not limited to, assisting with pool and plumbing issues, painting, and snow removal at the Central Community Branch YMCA.
This position operates in accordance with the provisions and policies of the YMCA of Central Massachusetts and bylaws of the Central Community Branch YMCA. Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the Facilities Staff Associate has direct responsibilities for the overall appearance and maintenance of the building and grounds of the Central Community Branch YMCA.
Job Type: Full-time with Benefits to include generous PTO, Free Family Membership, Employee Discount, Medical, Dental, Disability, Life, Vision, & Pet Insurance, and ability to participate in our 403B Retirement Savings Plan. Also, once fully vested the YMCA will pay into a retirement account for you!
* The Facilities Staff Associate must have a High School diploma and related experience in mechanical repairs and custodial procedures or equivalent training.
* This position requires the ability to maintain, troubleshoot and/or do minor repairs to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, grounds keeping, pool maintenance.
* Should be able to follow direction, work under minimal supervision, follow a timetable and complete assignments as prescribed by the Facilities Director.
* This position requires a working knowledge and practice of the highest safety standards in all areas of responsibility.
* CPR, First Aid, and AED, training within 30 days of employment and Risk Manager Training completed prior to full hire.
* Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
* Possession of valid MA Driver’s License with ability to meet YMCA standards to become an authorized driver of the YMCA of Central Massachusetts (At least 21 years of age, possess valid MA Driver’s license with clean driving record of at least 2 years.)
* Must be punctual and available during the required days and times of shift schedule (with availability of being flexible when needed), as well as, be able to meet the physical demands of the position.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 4:45 am-12:45 pm
If this sounds like something you are qualified to do and want to apply, please submit your resume/cover letter today to our HR Department at HR@ymcaofcm.org. Please let us know how you heard of the position.
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The YMCA of Central Massachusetts provides an environment that reflects, respects, and celebrates our differences and the richness of diversity, resulting in strengthening the foundation of community through our pillars of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.Learn More