Yankee Engineering & Testing, Inc. specializes in geotechnical engineering services. Our projects include both private and public clients; from residential sites to municipalities and schools. We are proud to be growing at a robust pace (260% growth in the past two years) and are looking for motivated inspectors to join our team.
The Construction Inspector is responsible for the day-to-day completion of work assignments related to field testing. Yankee Engineering is willing to invest in time, training, and certification requirements, for applicants with integrity, who possess a strong work ethic and are eager to learn.
This position at Yankee Engineering offers boundless opportunities. Our inspectors are held in high regard on the job site, as it is our responsibility and priority to keep the public safe. Earnest candidates will gain knowledge across many trade lines, which offers great opportunity for career advancement.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, excellent training and a friendly work environment. Benefits include company paid health insurance and weekly HSA contributions*, 401k Safe Harbor of 3% salary match*. Paid vacation and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Dependable, timely, and honest
- Observing and documenting field activities
- Collect, test and inspect soils, aggregates, concrete, masonry, asphalt
- Ensure that all test equipment is functioning properly, maintained as required by company and/or manufacturer’s policy and that all calibrated equipment is within its calibration cycle
- Ensure that project requirements are met and compliant with project specifications, requirements and company policies or procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to coordinate with co-workers, clients, contractors.
- Ability to commute to job sites and lab (mileage reimbursement)
- Communicate with office supervisor who will advise them of current job status and locations as necessary
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner and return as required to office
- Commit to abiding by company safety procedures and policies, including but not limited to; Sign in and out nuclear devices daily, proper attire to be worn (work shirt and work boots), follow all driving laws while working, report data precisely and in a timely manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ability to read and write.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
ACI Concrete Field Level I Certification*
Radiation Safety Certification (Troxler or APGNA)*
*Yankee will consider coordinating and funding these certifications for an excellent candidate, one which we are confident will meet the expectations outlined in the Duties and Responsibility section.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of radiation. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Field testing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Radiation Safety Certification (Troxler or APGNA) (Required)
- ACI Concrete Field Level I (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
Interested applicants contact:
* Weekly HSA contributions, eligible after 90 days. 401k Safe Harbor of 3% salary match (eligible after 2 consecutive full quarters).Learn More