FT POSITION AVAILABLE
Position Title: Automotive Technician
Hours and Pay: This is a full-time job with a salary range of $20 – $26
Location: 1 Monarch Dr Suite 100, Littleton, MA 01460
Contact: KEA Technologies website
KEA Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated entry-level Automotive Technician.
The qualified applicant will become an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team including engineering professionals
and subject-matter experts. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with the engineering team to provide
hands-on support for prototype builds, integration, testing and validation of sensor systems, and the general maintenance
of vehicles and the lab environments.
You will have ownership and responsibility for overseeing aspects of prototype fabrication and low-rate production build
providing technical support and monitoring schedule status. You will assume responsibility for results-based deliverables
in direct support of the company’s exciting initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Work independently in the absence of supervision to assist the engineering or science
team in the use, fabrication, installation and testing of complex prototypes, equipment,
and samples in the shop and in the field.
• Assist with the processing and maintenance of industrial grade 3D printers, including
printed parts post processing and finishing.
• Manage prototype lab facilities and equipment through acquisition, calibration,
maintenance, and storage activities.
• Fabricate equipment and/or develop and implement evaluation procedures for the
testing of concepts and samples produced by the engineering/science team.
• Fabricate metal and plastic components with machine shop equipment (drill press, band
• Work with the Engineering team to troubleshoot issues – electrical, mechanical, optical,
electro-mechanical, firmware and software.
• Conduct experiments in accordance with documented protocols.
• Troubleshoot equipment and fixtures in the shop and in the field where required.
• Complete reports and summaries of work.
• Read and interpret detailed mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Contribute to system architecture development, identifying design and production
methods for the rapid and efficient development of new design concepts.
• Assist staff and initiate continuous improvement.
• Follow OSHA safety protocols.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
• Technical/Trade degree or Associates degree preferred, and/or relevant experience.
• Automotive experience is a must.
• Electric Vehicle (EV) training is preferred.
• Machine shop fabrication experience of metal and plastic components utilizing drill
press, band saw, and programmable CNC is preferred.
• General knowledge of 3D printing technologies is preferred but not required.
• Technical knowledge of computers, electrical assembly, basic electronic
troubleshooting, mechanical assembly and repair, hydraulic and pneumatic systems,
and audio-visual equipment operation.
• Possess excellent troubleshooting skills to efficiently identify and resolve design and
production issues during all phases of product research and development or during
system installations. Familiar with document controls, revision control and change
• Ability to read electrical / mechanical drawings, equipment manuals and technical
• Possess a willingness and ability to learn additional technical skills within the automotive
and manufacturing industries.
• Able to follow process instructions accurately and consistently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Well organized, detail oriented, and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Self-motivated, able to take responsibility, and a flexible attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a team in a fast-paced
• Ability to lift up to 50Ibs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Periodic travel may be required.